Sunday, June 24, 2007

Packing, getting ready to go home

I started packing to go home. A long process for me that involved washing and then rolling all the clothes, leaving out the clothes for the last few days and gathering together all the souvenirs, gifts and books that I have acquired during the month.

I have a box going to the post office tomorrow to mail home the books.

I have more clothes now than when I came - some I bought, some were gifts. I have to go to WalMart to get a carryon bag for the things that I cannot or will not put in the suitcase that will be checked.

Packing makes me sad and anticipatory at the same time. I am sorry to be leaving my friends, learning about fine art pens, petting the dogs and seeing new places. I love to travel - need it to keep me going even though it is really hard on my body. I am happy to be headed home to see my partner, my daughter and my cat. I can't wait to see the ocean again and sometime in the next few weeks to being married finally to my partner.

I have an early morning flight - tough but it will put me into Logan in the afternoon. I can't wait to fly in over my house, look down and see the beach knowing that in a few minutes I will be home.

Here's to the packing being finished.

No comments: