Monday, June 11, 2007

Hammered

This weekend I helped some friends with a show in Prescott, AZ. I am not sure if I was a help or a hinderance since I am new to this and spent alot of time trying to be helpful, not in the way.

Today I am sore, really sore and tired. I forget the toll on the body that travel and activity takes on me. I slept really well, had another nap and still I am sitting here feeling like I crawled out of the depths of the earth.

But....I would do it all again today if I could. I would get up before dawn, ride in the back seat with a cup of iced coffee, carry things and set up tables or chairs or set out the pens, walk for food/drinks/errands and talk to people. Why? Because I cannot do this full-time, because I spend 3/4 or more of the year housebound (and sometimes bedbound) and because people are really cool.

In Prescott there is a town square ringed on all sides by stores. If you look down the street there is the most amazing vista of a mountain framed by an old-fashioned western town. The temperatures were in the 80's with a nice breeze. We set up the incredible pens that my friends hand make. I met some great people - some were other vendors and some were customers.

There was a great guy selling spice mixes for dips - we joked and laughed all weekend and yes, I bought a bunch of those packets. How could I not?

Another girl drove from Utah and made the most amazing jewellry with natural stones. She was really sweet and I hope she made enough money to get home to her horse and home.

Bruce & his wife were friends of my friend and they supplied me with some tasty bakery products over the weekend. Nice people.

Customers came from all over including some from back home which is always fun. A nice couple bought a pen from Blackstone Valley. Another woman at the end of the day was nice and a pleasant way to end the day.

I am in for a bigger busier show in Santa Fe next weekend. I am resting to gear up.
Here's to more interesting people in a new place.

No comments: