Tuesday, June 19, 2007

One Week

One week to go - then I'll be home on my deck looking at the ocean and tanning again. It's been a great trip - full of fun, food, laughter and unfortunate difficulties. I have struggled here to find my baseline and stay there - tending to dehydrate quicker and easier here than at home, hiding when I am not feeling well because I consider it rude to be a guest in someone's home and be sick, and pacing myself (which I always struggle with - even at home).

I miss my kid and my partner. Really miss them. Being apart for so long is a funny thing - it makes you realize all the things that you truly love about the people in your life and it makes you sad that they are not experiencing all the things that you are.

I fly home in one week - a hellacious flight at 6 a.m. I will have my bag of Rainbow Donuts for the flight, my mp3 player and books to read, bonine to take for the airsickness and a seat close to the bathroom. I get into Boston at 4 p.m. and my plan is to eat some rice that night in the big fluffy bed while hanging out with my kid and my guy. Maybe my cat, Lulu, won't be pissed off at me and might make an appearance but usually it takes her about a week to forgive me for leaving her.

I love the visiting out here, the massages, shopping, food and laughter. I could never live here though - too much heat, not enough ocean water for me. I need to be by the water - it makes me feel calm and content. I love the storms on the water, the clear sunny days that last forever, the sand and shells and the deck time spent in the summer.

Here's to the best week of the trip yet & the returning home.

No comments: