Friday, June 8, 2007

First Post - New Blogger

In Arizona, eating strawberry and chocolate satin pie slices and introducing myself.

I am a woman who deals with a chronic gastrointestional disorder, Chronic Bile Salts Diarrhea with Malabsorption, which was the gift from my three surgeries in 2005. Since then I have become a "patient", albeit not a very good one, and I have a tendency to spend alot of time in hospitals annoying the crap out of my doctor by getting dehydrated. So I am prone to comment on my hospital experiences (generally I am clawing my way out of there within hours of being admitted) and my doctors, who are fantastic and deserve better patients than me.

I am also a woman who worked for over ten years in the natural food industry, primarily with specialty gourmet products and also for ten years in restaurants. I am a foodie, love to talk about food and sometimes I actually eat some food.

Then there's the ocean - it's right outside my house and I spend alot of time out on the deck watching the water. It's amazing to me to live here.

My goals for this blog - talk about things that happen so I stay sane, talk about food for fun and share humorous thoughts with anyone who stops by. I will share books that I read - next up for me is a book called White Coat: Becoming a Doctor at Harvard Medical School which since I am from Boston is a must read about the Holy Grail of med schools.

I hope you will enjoy! For now I am going back to that pie....

No comments: