Friday, September 7, 2007

Another Day in Paradise

It's sunny and warm already this morning.

I was up at 8 a.m. putting the produce away from Haymarket and making the coffee. I am drinking a decaf/chicory blend that I make - decaf beans from Costa Rica mixed with Cafe Du Monde Ground Coffee & Chicory. Anyways that has been the start of my morning and now I am wondering if it will be another day of air conditioning. I am ready for fall weather and to be done with the heat/humidity. Alittle rain would even be welcomed by me.

Marty moved over to a new larger department. He started today and we are both relieved and happy that he has this position. This will help him in his future advancement in the company and he gets to work again with old friends.

Last week was spent in Dennisport on Cape Cod and the weather was spectacular. My daughter rented a condo with a pool and we spent every day out at the pool. We cooked at the unit rather than eating out and enjoyed our time. A week always flies by and we were all home before we knew it.

Had my allergists appointment - no news there. I did test positive for an allergy to cochroaches but otherwise I was fine. The doctor ordered the blood tests for celiac but I don't think that those showed anything either. So for now we have no explanation for why I am reacting to shellfish and certain fruits with hives and an itchy throat.

Today's agenda is a simple one - clean the house, prep the produce and make some lemonade. I plan on reading a good book and spending some time out on the deck once the sun passes over this afternoon.

No comments: