Monday, June 23, 2008

Local Strawberries, Summer and Random Thoughts

The local strawberries have been in at our local WFM. I have a hard time eating strawberries but cannot resist when the local wild strawberries come in. Twice in the past week I have brought home quarts of the little jewel-like berries. One night I whipped up homemade biscuits, vanilla whipped cream and macerated the strawberries with a little sugar and a drop of balsamic vinegar. That was dinner that night.

I love when summer gets to the East Coast but not the flipping humidity that we have had lately. I look forward every year to the farmer's markets for easy dinners and this weekend I managed to get a patio set for the deck which I spent yesterday putting together. Of course today it is raining with heavy humidity here so not a day for deck sitting. I am looking forward to the weather breaking and the many days ahead.

My health has been rough the past two weeks. I am pretty dehydrated and not doing so well so it's a good day to be indoors. Thank god for Netflix and library books.

Since I tend to get discouraged when I am really sick I am thinking about these lyrics today:

There will always be stars in the wind
Little lines on your face when you grin
When it looks like you've done it again
And you just don't know where to begin
There will always be something to believe in

Hope your part of the world is alittle brighter than mine...

No comments: